Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Blog 27: Senior Project Reflection


1. Positive Statement
I am most proud of my activities during my 2-hour. I believed they were really strong and reinforced the content of my answers very well. I had the class actually solve some chess puzzles and then share-out and all of the groups seemed really interested so I can take pride in the fact that my hard work planning and practicing paid off.

2. What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation? Why?
a.
I feel I deserve an AE on my 2 hour because I prepared thoroughly prior to doing it, and I think everything turned out very well. I met the necessary talking time, I had strong activities that supported my answers, and I covered all the topics I wanted to cover.
What assessment would you give yourself for your senior project? Why?
b.
For my senior project as a whole, I would give myself a P+ because I received that same grade for my exit interview and all of my senior project work throughout the year has met the requirement for a proficient.
3. What worked for you in senior project?
I liked the fact that we had so much freedom with our 2-hour presentation. We weren’t tied down by a strict plan for how we should present. We were basically given the freedom to convey our content in any way we deemed fit.
4. What didn’t work for you in senior project?
I didn’t like the constant looming threat of getting on the NC rules list. It never motivated me more to do an assignment and it only made the people who were on the list hate senior year. While I see the advantages of having such a system in place, I believe it is a cruel way to punish those who haven’t turned in a component and an unnecessary rule throughout senior year.
5. Finding Value
My experience presenting during my 2 hour has really given me the confidence for future presentations of any size. After talking for over 30 minutes, it’s hard to get nervous over a simple 10-minute presentation. I have also found that with the large amounts of important deadlines in the year, I have actually become more responsible with turning my work in earlier. 



No comments:

Post a Comment