Thursday, February 16, 2012

Independent Component 2 Plan Approval


 1.) For my independent component 2, I plan on solving a large amount of chess puzzles over 30 hours of time from the book, “CHESS, 5334 Problems, Combinations, and Games” by Laszlo Polgar.            


2.) I will solve puzzles in intervals of at least 30 minutes, and will record every single one I solve in a journal, which will include my personal solution and the actual solution. I will try to solve as many as possible in the time intervals I have.


3.) This will be extremely useful for solving my EQ because one of my answers is to solve as many puzzles as possible. I need experience doing this to be able to instruct others on how to do it. Also, my activity will include solving a puzzle with the class, so I think it will help me with the presentation. 

2 comments:

  1. Approved. Could you also run a mini experiment? Does the more time you spend solving these puzzles increase your win rate on Chess.com? Perhaps there is an optimum amount of time you need to solve puzzles in order to win three games in a row. I'd like to see you combine the book problems with Chess.com games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I can incorporate that into my task. I'll just turn in an experiment report along with my hour log when the due date comes.

      Delete